Monday, November 22, 2010

7. Favorite song and why



The first time I heard this song was in our church. The words are, in a word, amazing. I considered all of the songs that I would consider "favorites" even including secular songs - but honestly, none qualified as my favorite favorite. It's not a complicated song and I know it is more of an outreach song than a subjective song just for me.  But there is no other song that reminds me how much God is in control. I'm the type of person who enjoys being in control - and this song reminds me that I am not in control - God is. Even though the last year I lost my beloved uncle to cancer, had job and money issues, birthed a perfect baby boy whom we initially thought may have Down Syndrome, and things happened that were out of our control - God was and is still there for us through it all. He was there for myself and my family and He will be there for you. He will use MY story for His glory. It's amazing to me that I am just a tiny, itty bitty intricate piece of a whole. God is here. Can you feel Him?

1 comment:

The Crockett Family said...

One of my favorites too, Gina. I never knew that about Carter. Praise God for healthy kids!