Saturday, November 20, 2010

5. A thank you letter to someone who has changed your life

Dear Emma and Carter:

You would think that if I were writing a letter to someone who has changed my life, you might automatically think that it would be to someone who is older or maybe to someone who has had many, many years of wisdom behind their belt.  But of all the people who I have interacted with in my lifetime, there are no two more beautiful and wonderful children as you two.  The moment I realized that I had the privilege of being a mother to you both, my life was forever changed - and for the better!

I spent 9+ months for each of you waiting in wonder and imagining what you might look like.  I dreamt of the wonderful baby smell (and the not so wonderful smell of stinky diapers) and the cooing sounds you would make.  There is nothing like the unconditional love of a child and everytime I looked into your eyes, I was reminded how blessed I was and am now. I dream and plan about the days you would learn new things, your first day of school, your first date, when you got married, and someday, Lord willing - become parents yourselves.  I loved you from the moment you were created.  

You both have made me a better person and a better mother.  The way I feel about you every single day reminds me how much more God loves me and loves each of you.  It's so amazing to know that God placed both of you on this earth to glorify Him.  I pray for the day you both realize the wonderful Gift that God offers to each of us and for the moment you accept it!  I'm the most blessed mother in the world to be the one God appointed to guide you and help you grow in His image. 

I love you both so much. 

Praying for you each and every day,

Mommy

1 comment:

The Crockett Family said...

I love this, Gina. It brought tears to my eyes. No greater blessing than the gift of a child.