Monday, April 5, 2010

Not Me Monday...

So, unfortunately with pregnancy, the allowance of "Not Me's" that can happen in a week has tripled...  Too bad for some reason, I cannot ever remember them.  :)  However, there were a few that stuck out in my mind and I thought I would share them with you to give you a smile on this (hopefully) warm Monday morning!

1.  At my last doctor's appointment, I realized while I was in the bathroom that I definitely did NOT put my underwear on completely backwards.  I was NOT completely embarrassed at the thought that I had almost missed this fact, but consoled myself with the thought , "Who would've seen my underwear and known anyhow?"  However, during my ultrasound, the technician told me to unbutton my pants and move them down a bit, which unfortunately showed my underwear.  I also did NOT thank my lucky stars that I had happened to notice it and change them before the ultrasound tech noticed! 

2.  While filling my daughter's sippy cup with apple juice and attempting to dilute it with water, I did NOT "mistakenly" grab the milk container and continue to fill sippy cup of juice with milk.  Not me!

3.  I did NOT threaten to kill my husband this morning when he woke up at 7am, went downstairs, banged on the hot water heater, ran the vacuum cleaner, came back upstairs and emptied some dishes from the dish drainer, clean out his coffee pot, run the coffee pot AND coffee grinder, and in succession - wake up both myself and my 2 year old.  I did NOT want to throttle my husband!  Not me!  I would NEVER be a grouch in the morning!! 

4.  I did NOT almost cry yesterday on the way back from church when I found out that Coldstone Creamery was closed because of the Easter holiday.  I did NOT let my emotions make the best of me and definitely did NOT blame it on pregnancy hormones.  I was definitely a princess and lovingly told my husband that a McDonald's ice cream sundae would be fine... lol.  :) 

5.  I have NOT cried at the drop of a hat for the last couple of weeks over the darndest things.  The other night, I did NOT have an almost mental breakdown because I had no very little summer maternity clothes to wear.  I will NOT tell you, that I realized in the end, that I do actually have a couple of shirts to wear and that they were hidden beneath a pile of clothes in the closet that I had definitely been putting off in putting away... to the utter annoyance of my husband.  ;)

Hope all of you have a wonderful Monday! 

No comments: